Transfer Thessaloniki Airport | Transferus.gr
Thessaloniki is the second largest city in Greece, with long history and traditions. Located in the far north of the country, Thessaloniki has been a melting pot of cultures. The influences that shaped the city are going back to ancient Greece, Byzantine times, Roman Empire and Ottoman period. One can easily notice that by wandering around the streets. The city is known for its food culture, as locals often refer to Thessaloniki as the culinary capital of the country.
“The Nymph of the North” (one of the city’s nicknames) has its own landmark – the White Tower. A 15th-century fortification is nowadays an exhibition space of the Byzantine Museum. The beloved meeting spot for Thessalonians is located on the city’s promenade. It is one among many attractions in Thessaloniki. Greece’s thriving second city is fueled by optimism and hedonism. A walk in the center will make you feel immediately the hip vibe that flows everywhere. Museums, Mosques, Byzantine churches, Roman monuments of exceptional architecture style and Turkish Hammams, will satisfy even the most demanding history lovers.
- The White Tower and the new city’s promenade
- Thessaloniki Acropolis and Eptapyrgio
- Rotonda and the Arch of Galerius
- The Ancient Roman Agora and the Saint Demetrius’ Basilica
- Church of Hagia Sophia
- The Byzantine Museum and the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki
- Upper old town: Old Byzantine churches and Ottoman Hammam Baths
- Food and Spices market and flea market Bit Bazar
- Ladadika – City’s gastronomic center
- Valaoritou Street – Vibrant nightlife quarter
- Bicycle ride on the city’s award-winning new waterfront
- Walk in Modiano and Kapani markets on Ermou Street
- Boat cruise in the Thermaic Gulf
- Visit Ancient Pella and Vergina Royal Tombs
Book a transfer Thessaloniki airport to the city or to any nearby resort with Transferus.gr and benefit from our competitive prices and value for money services.