Dion Day Tour: Home of Gods – Dion, the religious center of ancient Macedonia, is today an archaeological park of exceptional beauty.
You will visit the museum, where you will see a vast number of statues, vessels, coins and a unique find: the ‘hydraulis’ from the 1st century B.C., a musical instrument which was the forerunner of the church organ of the West. Continuing south, we will pass by Litochoro village, the last inhabited area before the ascent on Olympus Mount with stone built traditional houses and then drive up to the first shelter on Mount Olympus. At an altitude of 944 meters you will have the opportunity to admire the panoramic view of the Thermaic gulf and the Pieria plain.
- Visit the well preserved ruins of ancient city of Dion
- See the sacrificial altar of Zeus
- Learn the fascinating story of the Pantheon of the Greek gods
- Visit Mount Olympus and take some amazing photos
⇒ Prices start from 220€. The tour package includes:
- Transfer from your location to the archaeological site of Dion
- Tour guide
- Transfer back to your location
* The ticket to the museum and the archaeological site is not included (8€ per ticket).
If you wish to book the Dion day tour, please to contact us via our contact form.
Check also our Mount Olympus Hiking Service. Learn more here.